A changing of seasons is upon us. What could we change with ease like nature?
We’re so grateful for all who engage with us and ever expanding possibilities.
Check out recent highlights, invites and resources…
Facilitating & Training
Correctional Service Canada
We are pleased to offer a workshop series, “Medicine Wheel and Peace Circles”, for staff in Correctional Service of Canada.
Indigenous Elder Phil L’Hirondelle and Dr. Evelyn Zellerer co-facilitated a group through medicine wheel wisdom and peace circle practice.
Acknowledging the courage and openness of participants to learn and co-create more culturally competent and respectful workplaces. Special thanks to organizer Nigel Argent.
Peace of the Circle is thrilled to partner with All My Relations Teachings.
Stay tuned for more opportunities to join us and email us if you have requests!
Carcross/Tagish First Nation
Congratulating participants with Carcross/Tagish First Nation for completing the new second level training of peacemaking circles!
Dr. Evelyn Zellerer is honoured to be the facilitator of this 4 month journey. Thanking the Peacemaking Task Group for choosing us and our collaborative work.
Inspired by all the amazing participants and this visionary Indigenous Nation.
Boys & Girls Clubs of the Okanagan
An extraordinary team at the Restorative Justice Program, BGCO with their partner Ki-Low-Na Friendship Society.
Despite challenges, they show up for our youth and families in Kelowna throughout the pandemic.
Congratulations on completing the third level Facilitators training with Dr. Evelyn Zellerer! Thanking hosts Meghan Ramsay and Aravis Walters.
Peacemakers are unsung heroes.
What if peacemaking was recognized as an essential service?
Peace Circles serve many purposes.
Dr Evelyn Zellerer facilitated staff through a virtual workshop uncovering their accomplishments and successes, while building healthier relations moving forward.
It’s been a tough year, and this team is in transition.
“It became clear at this meeting how much we accomplished as a team. It’s a testament to what’s possible when we come together.”
“Leaving this meeting feeling hopeful, relieved, and grateful.”
We are delighted to bring out the best in people and teams.
What if you acknowledged yourself, each other and all your greatness?
Department of National Defence
Dr. Evelyn Zellerer has just been chosen as a national coach within the Sexual Misconduct Response Centre, Department of National Defence. They are currently developing a restorative program as part of the settlement agreement of class action lawsuits. The agreement includes the option for survivors to participate in a restorative engagement program to share their experiences of sexual misconduct with senior military representatives. There will be opportunities to talk about causes and impacts of sexual misconduct and to help change the culture that enables it.
Restorative Justice Vancouver Initiative
Our restorative justice initiative has already made the news! Thanks Vancouver Magazine and Nathan Caddell for featuring our launch!
After months of extensive outreach, we’ve had a powerful beginning with diverse stakeholders gathering, including representatives from city council, Indigenous leaders, police, BLM, court, Women Against Violence Against Women, LGBTQ+ and many more.
We just hosted our 4th meeting – what a privilege for Dr Evelyn Zellerer to co-facilitate with Norm Leech to explore decolonization.
Grateful for the depth of work and participants who so authentically engage with complex topics.
Stay tuned as our journey to justice continues on unceded, traditional xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish) and səl̓ilwətaɁɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) territory.
With funding from a grant through civil forfeiture funds, Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor General BC.
Girl Pow-R Interview & Launch
They’ve chosen six social causes and created a program to empower youth.
Dr. Evelyn Zellerer is the chosen subject expert for World Peace.
Resources & Inspiration
There are so many opportunities to learn and engage!
Truth & Reconciliation
- On September 30 we lit up the country in orange for Orange Shirt Day and commemorate a new federal holiday National Day for Truth and Reconciliation in Canada, recognizing the thousands of children who died and all survivors of residential schools, their families and communities.
- Let’s continue to listen, learn, heal and act
- National Centre for Truth and Reconciliation
- 94 Calls to Action
- Beyond 94 – a website updating the progress on the Truth and Reconciliation Commission’s 94 Calls to Action, by CBC News
- Murdered and Missing Indigenous Women, Girls and Two-Spirit
- United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples (UNDRIP)
- Indian Residential School Survivors Society
- International Council of Thirteen Indigenous Grandmothers
- Assembly of Seven Generations: Indigenous owned and youth-led
- Indigenous Environmental Network
- Wabano – Indigenous Centre for Excellence in Healthcare Services, shares resources and teachings
And there’s so much more – let’s amplify Indigenous-led initiatives and organizations!
- Canadian National Restorative Justice Symposium – virtually, November 22-23, 2021
- RJABC – we’re delighted to serve on the Board of this provincial Restorative Justice Association of British Columbia
- Accessible Restorative Justice: let’s deepen the conversation about inequalities and what accessible restorative justice looks like and requires. With Why me? and European Forum for Restorative Justice (EFRJ)
- “Power, Race & Restorative Justice” webinar with Dr. Theo Gavrielides, based on Theo’s book, “Power, Race & Justice: The Restorative Dialogue We Won’t Have”
Join Dr Gavrielides for his lecture, panel Q&A, reception and book launch in London, UK, 17 November 2021 Check out the whole free webinar series with RJ4All
- Podcast – Whatchu Know About Restorative Justice? With the California Conference for Equality and Justice
- Restorative Justice on the Rise – Media That Matters: Public Dialogue on Justice
- Happy 77th Birthday Howard Zehr, thank you for all your contributions! Howard is a wonderful human being, writer, educator, photojournalist, and pioneer of the modern concept of restorative justice. Check out his books like The Little Book of Restorative Justice and the Zehr Institute.
Spotlight: Food & Justice
- Planting Justice: a grassroots project developing food justice curricula and creating green jobs for people transitioning from prison in California
- Emma’s Acres: a social enterprise by L.I.N.C. (“long-term inmates now in the community”) for food security and transformative justice; bringing together survivors of crime, incarcerated individuals, correctional staff & the public in BC
- 24 organizations promoting food justice through engagement, education and empowerment, gathered by Food Tank
Join us in welcoming Larelle Anderson to our team as Administrative Manager.
Thanking everyone who applied for this position, we had so much interest!
We have an opening, calling social media magicians…
Social Media Manager & Strategist
Are you interested in using your social media skills to contribute to greater consciousness, peace and justice?
Work from home, part-time
Full details on our website
We are sad Kristy Hoffman has to leave us, and wish her health and happiness. Thank you so much for all your wonderful contributions over the last two years!
Together creating a more just, peaceful, kinder world for all.